Download and Install the Alert Logic CLI
This section describes how to download, install, and update the Alert Logic CLI, using the Python Package Installer (pip) or a Windows package. After installation, see CLI First Use and Validation to authenticate and connect to Alert Logic APIs.
Prerequisites for Installation
Alert Logic built the CLI using the Alert Logic SDK for Python.
Installation requires one of the following:
- A compatible Python installation on Linux or macOS, minimum Python version 3.7, or
- A compatible version of Windows (Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019)
Install the Alert Logic CLI on Linux or macOS
You can install the Alert Logic CLI using pip, the Python Package Installer.
To install the Alert Logic CLI for the current user, run the following command:
pip3 install alcli --upgrade --user
$ pip3 install alcli --upgrade --user
Downloading alcli-1.0.28-py3-none-any.whl (14 kB)
Downloading alertlogic_sdk_python-1.0.28-py3-none-any.whl (21 kB)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: importlib-metadata==1.6.0 in ./Library/Python/3.7/lib/python/site-packages (from alcli) (1.6.0)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: configparser==4.0.2 in ./Library/Python/3.7/lib/python/site-packages (from alcli) (4.0.2)
Installing collected packages: alertlogic-sdk-python, alcli
Successfully installed alcli-1.0.28 alertlogic-sdk-python-1.0.28
To install the Alert Logic CLI and upgrade system packages, omit the --user option:
pip3 install --upgrade --force-reinstall alcli
Download and install the Alert Logic CLI on Windows
- Download the Alert Logic CLI .exe or .msi file.
- Run the downloaded file.
- If you are prompted for User Access Control, click Yes to allow installation.
- Click through the installation wizard using the default settings.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
Upgrade the Alert Logic CLI
Follow the above instructions to upgrade existing installations to the latest version.